SUCH A BITTERSWEET MORNING
4) Notices and Events
ZIMBABWE ACADEMY OF MUSIC
Tel: 2260684 / 2267195 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY 10 AUGUST AT 6.30 P.M. AUGUST RUSH
A musically gifted orphan, Evan (Freddie Highmore), runs away from his orphanage and searches New York City for his birth parents. On his journey, he's taken under the wing of the Wizard (Robin Williams), a homeless man who lives in an abandoned theatre. After discovering his talent, the Wizard gives Evan the name "August Rush" and devises a plan to profit from his talent. Little does Evan know that his parents, Lyla (Keri Russell) and Louis (Jonathan Rhys Meyers), are searching for him too. The film divided critical opinion when released but has an 88% 5-star rating on Amazon!
- If it isn't brilliant cinema, it's honest and powerful. [Seattle Times]
- Passionate about the importance of music, 'August Rush' is an ambitious family film.. [Film4]
- More fable than film, there is no earthly reason why 'August Rush' should work. But it does. [Colorado Springs Gazette]
- Sentimental it may be, but 'August Rush' took me quite willingly to a cinematic world full of music and hope. [Reel Talk]
- This movie is flawless from beginning to end. Total tearjerker, great story, music is amazing. [Amazon]
Admission: US$2.00 free to Film Members]
FRIDAY 18 AUGUST AT 6.30 P.M. MY FATHER'S WAR
A joint promotion with the MOTHS.
'My Father's War' is a South African drama that looks at war and its effect on family. Dap Smit (Edwin van der Walt), 19, is constantly fighting with his father, Dawid (Stian Bam), a veteran of the Angolan bush war of the 1980s. They are at constant loggerheads and Dawid's wife, Carina (Erica Wessels), is caught between the two. But then Dap has a series of dreams in which he is a combat soldier in that border war and which turn his world upside down, setting things on an unexpected course.
- It's a very special movie about a special time period. It's not overly politically correct about apartheid and the SADF, just respects the men on the ground and their work. It's an 8/10 movie for a South African movie company. They tried hard and they made a movie worth watching. [IMDb]
- An enlightening and moving experience that tugs at the heart strings. [IOL]
- Entertaining and emotionally resonant. [Spling]
- Overall 'My Father's War' is a truly enjoyable film. It has two wonderful leads at its helm, an emotive, purposeful script and action sequences that are crafted with care and authenticity. It's more than worth seeing. [ KG'S Movie Rants]
Admission: US$2.00 free to Film Members]
THURSDAY 31 AUGUST AT 6.30 P.M. THUNDERBALL
Led by one-eyed evil mastermind Emilio Largo (Adolfo Celi), the terrorist group SPECTRE hijacks two warheads from a NATO plane and threatens widespread nuclear destruction to extort 100 million pounds. Agent 007, James Bond (Sean Connery), is sent to recover the warheads from the heart of Largo's lair in the Bahamas, facing underwater attacks from sharks and men alike. He must also convince the enchanting Domino (Claudine Auger), Largo's mistress, to become a key ally.
- Lavishly rendered set pieces and Sean Connery's enduring charm make Thunderball a big, fun adventure. [Rotten Tomatoes]
- Connery's last exceptional Bond as it gives 007 a competent villain, a thrilling adventure in an unusual setting, great Bond Babes and one of the series' all-time best scenes. [Lyles' Movie Files]
- Terence Young's direction is nothing if not taut, whisking the narrative along with the speed and precision of a jet plane, defying one to express boredom. [Monthly Film Bulletin]
- Sleek and fun, with SPECTRE holding the world to ransom after stealing a couple of nuclear bombs, Bond almost getting his in the villain's shark-infested swimming pool, and a cleverly choreographed underwater battle to provide the icing on the mix. [Time Out]
- Despite its flaws, it was classic Bond. And remains so. [Sky Cinema]
Admission: US$2.00 [free to Film Members]
5) Roses And Raspberries
6) Pets Column
8) Bulawayo News
9) Harare And Gweru News
10) Wining, Dining and Coffee Houses
11) Property For Sale or to Rent
RODOR PROPERTIES (PRIVATE) LIMITED
5A, 9TH AVENUE, BULAWAYO
PROPERTIES FOR SALE
MATSHEUMHLOPHE: sited on 4,304sqm is a four bedroomed, two bathroomed with master ensuite, fitted kitchen, scullery, pantry, veranda. Walled with two gates. US$120,000
SUBURBS: Just under 2 acres in size. This is a Golden Oldie. A Brick under iron home with 2 lounges with fireplaces, 2 dining rooms, bar, a study, 3 bedrooms, 2 ensuites, separate bathroom, separate toilet, 2 verandas, fitted kitchen, scullery, pantry. 4 garages, 2 staff quarters, 7 storerooms, aviaries, tool shed, braai area, working swimming pool and borehole, walled and gated with 2 large and one small gate. US$500,000
HILLSIDE: a brick under tile, 3 bedrooms with built in cupboards, 2 bathrooms, one being an ensuite to the main bedroom. Has a lounge with fireplace, a TV lounge, study, dining room, fitted kitchen with oven and hob with a scullery. The property also has 3 lock up garages, double carport, double domestic quarters, tool shed, working borehole, swimming pool (not working). Stand Size: 4100sqm. Price: US$180,000.
FLATS FOR SALE
HILLSIDE: Modern, open plan, one bedroomed flat. US$65,000
CBD: 3 bedrooms with a bathroom, lounge and kitchen. US$50,000
TOWN HOUSE FOR SALE
QALISA: Brick Under Asbestos 2 bedrooms with built in cupboards, master ensuite, separate bathroom with toilet & shower, laundry, lounge/dining room combined, veranda, carport for 2 vehicles, complex borehole, fenced and gated.
RESIDENTIAL STANDS FOR SALE
RIVERSIDE: 1,3 acres of land. Double staff quarters. fenced, Council water and electricity available
HARRISVALE: 1000sqm, with an unfinished foundation slab. Water and Electricity available
Details on enquiry
We have more properties for sale in Bulawayo, Harare, Beitbridge, Binga, Hwange, Mlibizi, Mutare, Redcliff, and plumtree.
High/ low density, residential, commercial, and holiday homes
For these, and other properties for sale ,phone (029) 2274581/3 (LANDLINE)CALL: CINDY: 0784553171/ PROBITY: 0782119972/ BRYAN: 0772238431 EMAIL: email@example.com Visit us on our website: www.rodorproperties.co.zw
VALUATIONS AND ESTIMATES
Want to sell We can assist you with an estimation of the value of your property. We are registered with the Valuer's Council of Zimbabwe, and offer a complete and efficient service of property Valuation for any purpose. For Valuations, phone (029) 2274581/3 (landline), or email firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our property management staff will be happy to assist you in securing suitable tenants for your property, and managing it thereafter.
Residential, commercial properties for rent. For more information on properties available for renting, or if you wish to place your property on our letting list, you are invited to contact us on (029)2274581/3 (landline), e- mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit our offices at 5a 9thavenue , between Robert Mugabe way and Josiah Tongogara avenue
HOURS OF BUSINESS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM -4.30PM
WE NEED PROPERTIES FOR SALE AND TO RENT FOR REGISTERED BUYERS AND TENANTS. ALL VIEWERS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A MEMBER OF OUR STAFF.
12) Accommodation in South Africa
12b) Accommodation in Botswana
13) Accomodation and Travel In Zimbabwe
14) Catering and Food
15) Vehicles for Sale and Hire
16) Travel and Tours
17) Computers And Electronics
18) Lifts Wanted And Offered
19) Seeking Friends
White Hollow Nursing Home
at No, 52 Townsend Street, BYO in the 1950's. Was it a Maternity home or a small hospital Any info on this facility would be most welcome.
Thank you. I am Moderator for Rhodesian Registry (Genealogy) page on F/Book. We had a query re this address which during the 1950's was White Hollows Nursing Home.
A woman is building her Family Tree ad her Mother's Birth Certificate stated she was born at that faciilty. It was owned by Meyer Trust Group. We need confirmation that it was indeed a medical facility and we were wondering what happened to all the medical records. Possibly everything was transferred to a major hospital when it closed. We really do receive a lot of very interesting searches/questions on that page. We work closely with Adoption Reunions - Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) where biological parents & adopted children search for their biological families. Appreciate your kind assistance.
20) Situations Wanted and Situations Vacant
Young man 31 years old, Accounting Degree, 3 years experience in
Auditing, 2 years experience in Accounting, total of 5 years looking for
anything in the Accounting field. Team player, analytical, self
starter and self motivated.
Mature young lady with 2 years experience is seeking a position as a receptionist/administrator. Able to start immediately. Catherine - 077 241 3912.
Phuthin Glass and Aluminium Specialists of :
email - Phuthinv@gmail.com
Telephone +263 785 376 240 or +263 716 274 093
Excellent service from this firm where 'Outstanding is the new Normal'
WATER DELIVERIES BULAWAYO
5000 litres $50
2000 litres $30
1000 litres $20
Free Delivery within 10 km radius.
Contact Stanley on 0775378930
For all your plumbing and building jobs.
New installation and repairs call Rob on 0772230551
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
Adrian Bolze is back in business!!
He and his expert staff are ready to assist you with all tree felling and maintenance requirements.
Mobile +263 71 240 4987
For your borehole drilling and installations call us today and let us help you bring clean and safe water to your door step
whatsapp and calls 0713931076 /0779495398
ANTE NATAL CLASSES AND BABY VACCINATIONS
I teach a set of 4 classes covering pregnancy, labour, baby care, breastfeeding and other information. I also do a "crash course" for out of towners. These classes are valuable even if you're having an elective CAESAREAN SECTION!!Please book early.(I work part time at my BABY CLINIC doing vaccinations and growth monitoring :-)
Appointments are essential.For any further information contact SISTER JAN JOHNSTON on 0292466741/2 from 8 am til 12 pm Mon to Frior 0292237240, 0712 728 350 or 0772 749 749 (w/app) or email me on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
22) Health And Beauty
Lady '0' Levels Pitman Diploma..
Accounting Level 4 First Class.
Experienced Accounting Clerk/Secretary
Calls 0773 935 738
Whattsup 071 947 6038
24) Miscellaneous For Sale
25) Wanted To Buy or Hire
26) Clothing And Fashion
27) Boats and Fishing
28) Garden, Decor And Home
JILL'S SUPER ORGANIC COMPOST BLACK GOLD
99% WEED FREE
EXCELLENT FOR POTS, VEGETABLES, FLOWER BEDS, SEEDLINGS AND LAWNS.
WILL DELIVER 5 X 50KG BAGS OR MORE LOCALLY.
CONTACT JILL AT 2246688 OR 07784955 99
The content that is published in Morning Mirror does not necessarily reflect the editor's opinion.
Morning Mirror reserves the right to refuse any advertising or content.