- 14/8/2006 <--Prev : Next-->
To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.
Dear Dogs and Cats,
DISHES AND FOOD. The dishes with the paw prints are yours and
contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.
Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food
does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I
find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
THE STAIRWAY was not designed by NASCAR and is not a
racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object.
Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very
sorry about this. However, do not think that I will continue sleeping
on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl
up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep
perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent
possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having
tongues hanging out the other end to maximise
space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom.
If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut,
is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get
your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit
through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom
for years --canine or feline attendance is not required.
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or
cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!
To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following
message on our front door :
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'niture.
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted
son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and
doesn't speak clearly.
Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.