YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2014 when...
- 7/10/2014 <--Prev : Next-->
* You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
* You reach for your cell phone and look at Twitter instead of turning on the Telly for the news.
* The feel of a genuine newspaper is foreign to you!
* You play scrabble with twenty people all over the world at the same time.
* You play scrabble with total strangers.
* You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
* You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of four.
* You haven't a clue what your own cell phone number is!
* You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
* You text-message your partner who is lying on the bed next to you.
* Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
* You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries or open the gate.
* You seldom use your old fashioned camera as your smart phone does everything and more.
* FaceTime, viber, shazam, podcasts, itrack, and turboscan are part of your modern vocabulary.
* Scanning machines and photocopiers are obsolete.
* Your bathroom scale not only measures your weight it also measures your blood pressure, your heartbeat, your oxygen and your body fat index!
* You haven't used a map book in years and neither have you used your GPS in ages as your smart phone is much smarter!
* Your desk calendar is obsolete as your entire life is held on the calendar on your iPhone.
* Your cookery books are obsolete as it is much easier to google a recipe.
* Even your computer is becoming obsolete in favor of your iPhone.
* With the launch of the new iwatch, maybe our iPhones will be even become obsolete soon
* The term 'blue tooth' does not make you think of the dentist.
* You turn on your lights, your washing machine, your stove and your geyser via your iPhone.
* You haven't read a proper paper book in ages!
* You don't even know where you bank is -all your banking is done electronically.
* What exactly is a 'personal banker '
* Terms like 'social media', 'global village', 'mobile apps', 3G, 4G, 5G, 'hashtag' and 'cloud storage' are now a way of life.
'It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.'