WATER FACTS - 24/7/2005 <--Prev : Next-->
1. 75% of people are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of people, the thirst mechanism is so weak that
it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as
much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water
a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the
computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by
79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.